The 2nd Annual Penticton Beer Week takes place October 16-24 with a special collaboration beer and a variety of events.
Earlier this year, travel giant Lonely Planet named Penticton as Canada’s Craft Beer Capital, which is an incredible recognition for this small Okanagan town. The City of Penticton has officially proclaimed October 16-24 as Penticton Beer Week 2020. To celebrate, Penticton’s seven craft breweries are working together to showcase Penticton’s exciting and dynamic craft beer scene.
Visit Penticton is offering special “Sip, Suds & Sleep” Craft Beer Packages for people who would like to plan a getaway to Penticton.
If you can’t make it to Penticton, join the BC Ale Trail’s Penticton Beer Week Virtual Event, hosted by the Cascadian Beer Podcaster, Aaron Johnson, and me.
Meet the people of the seven Penticton breweries, learn about the special collaboration beer, The Penticton Seven, and find out more about why Lonely Planet named Penticton as Canada’s Craft Beer Capital. Each brewery will showcase one of their beers during this live event.
The Penticton Seven
Penticton’s seven local breweries have joined together to make a special limited edition fundraiser beer called The Penticton Seven. A portion of the proceeds from this beer will be donated to the BC Hospitality Foundation, a charity that raises funds to support workers in the hospitality industry facing financial struggles due to a health condition. The beer is a hazy pale ale that will be available on tap at each of the breweries and select local restaurants during the week. It will also be available in 4-packs of 473ml cans at private liquor stores in Penticton and throughout BC during the month of October.
The Penticton Seven includes:
- Bad Tattoo Brewing
- Barley Mill Brewpub
- Cannery Brewing
- Highway 97 Brewery
- Neighbourhood Brewing (opening soon!)
- Slackwater Brewing
- Tin Whistle Brewing
Penticton Beer Week events and theme days include:
- October 16 – Black Friday at Slackwater Brewing
- October 17 – Sour Saturday at Cannery Brewing
- October 17 – New Reality Beer Launch at Highway 97 Brewery
- October 20 – Tuesday Night Trivia at Slackwater Brewing
- October 21 – Live Virtual Event hosted by Aaron Johnson and Joe Wiebe
- October 22 – Work Boots, Beer and Bacon Happy Hour at Barley Mill Brew Pub
- October 22 – Beach Vibes, Beers & Bites at Slackwater Brewing
- October 23/24/25 – Bad Tattoo Brewing tap takeover at The Station Public House
- October 23 – Bottle Release Jūra at Slackwater Brewing
- October 24 – Oktoberfest at the Barking Parrot
Cascadian Beer Podcaster, Aaron Johnson, recently visited Penticton and interviewed two of its oldest breweries, Tin Whistle Brewing and the Barley Mill Brewpub. Check out his podcast here.
If you plan to attend any in-person events, make sure to look up important information about the area you’re visiting and check on cancellation policies. Practice safe and respectful travelling as you explore the communities in our wild backyard that are open to visitors and make sure to be a considerate craft beer consumer while you’re out and about.