BC Ale Trail Mobile App
With more than 200 craft breweries on the BC Ale Trail, how many can you visit?
In 2018 the BC Ale Trail has officially launched its own mobile app, showcasing Ale Trail breweries throughout British Columbia and rewarding beer drinkers for exploring the BC Ale Trail.
Developed in partnership with 468 Communications and free to download, the BC Ale Trail app is the insider’s guide to craft beer in BC. Not only does the app feature more than 160 craft breweries, but it also highlights 40+ liquor retail stores, taphouses, community Visitor Centres, accommodation and more!
Using BC Ale Trail maps, the app displays pins that show brewery locations and indicate where points can be collected. Ten points are awarded per check-in. Breweries and businesses also have the option to offer bonus points, available for collection during events or special promotions.
Accumulated points can be redeemed for merchandise or discounts at participating rewards locations. The number of points required for a reward will vary by brewery and also depends on the reward being offered. For example:
- Electric Bicycle Brewing (Brewery Creek Vancouver Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for 25% off a growler purchase and fill
- Steel & Oak Brewing Co. (New West, Delta, Surrey & Richmond Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for 25 percent off any single merchandise item.
- Longwood Brewpub (Vancouver Island Ale Trail Part I): Redeem 300 points for a free branded hat.
- Vancouver Island Brewing (Victoria Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for a free branded glass growler when you purchase a fill.
- Angry Otter Liquor @ 248th (Fraser Valley Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for a branded wine/beer stopper.