Don’t be THAT person! Follow the BC Ale Trail’s guide to tasting room etiquette in the new world of physically-distanced craft beer.
Craft beer exploration looks a little different in 2020. Current COVID-19 rules recommend that we all “stay local and avoid non-essential travel within B.C.” Nevertheless, tasting rooms are open at breweries throughout the province with COVID-19 safety protocols in place, and many of which have also been working hard to winterize their outdoor patio areas, too. So if you want to support your local brewery, here are a few things to keep in mind as a considerate craft beer consumer.
Like you, we’re passionate about exploring BC. But now is the time for us to stay local and support local businesses with just your immediate household or bubble. Let’s each do our part now, so we can explore BC again soon. We’re all in this together.
Tasting Room 101 on the BC Ale Trail
Breweries kindly request
Make it easy for servers and staff to get you to your table safely and swiftly.
- Arrive together, sit together
- Wear a mask at all times when not seated*
- Groups of six or less
- One member of your party must provide contact info
- Don’t move the tables or chairs
- Don’t mingle with friends at other tables
*Masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings and workplaces. You may remove them only when seated.
Stay aware of other people around you and respect the space and distance available.
- Remain aware of physical distancing
- Respect the protocols in place
- Look for arrows and markers for physical distancing on the floors
Remember that people are doing their job when asking you to respect their establishment’s policies.
- The staff are doing their best to keep you and them safe
- Don’t ask staff the bend the rules for you
- Be patient; things may take a bit longer
Bring your patience and listening skills to every outing.
- Different breweries have different rules, so please be respectful and adaptable as you acknowledge the work that’s being done to keep you and staff safe
- Take a moment to understand the protocols in place and ask questions if you’re uncertain
We’re all in this together!
Each one of us is experiencing this pandemic in our own way. We must all do our part and make sure the time we do spend at a craft brewery with people in our bubble is safe, responsible, and respectful — we want to continue to enjoy these spaces, after all!
When you’re going out for a pint or a flight, don’t forget to:
- TIP your server!
- Be thoughtful, compassionate, and considerate.
- Please drink responsibly!
Save and share!
Click below to save our Tasting Room 101 Instagram post and share it to your Instagram stories.
View this post on Instagram
Know before you go
When exploring the BC Ale Trail, make sure to look up important information about the area you’re visiting and check on cancellation policies.
Some important links:
This fall and winter, explore your local breweries. New Experiences are Brewing Nearby!