To download the BC Ale Trail app, go to the Google or Apple app store. Get started on your next Ale-venture today and be rewarded for supporting our BC Ale Trail breweries.
With more than 130 craft breweries on the BC Ale Trail, how many can you visit?
The BC Ale Trail has officially launched its own mobile app, showcasing Ale Trail breweries throughout British Columbia and rewarding beer drinkers for exploring the BC Ale Trail.
“We’re really proud of what we’ve created. We’ve been working on the app for a long time and we’re continuously working on enhancements. It’s a fun way for people to engage with the breweries and the craft beer industry.”
– Monica Frost, BC Ale Trail Project Lead
Developed in partnership with 468 Communications and free to download, the BC Ale Trail app is the insider’s guide to craft beer in BC. Not only does the app feature more than 100 craft breweries, it also highlights 20 liquor retail stores and a handful of ancillary businesses.
Using BC Ale Trail maps, the app displays pins that show brewery locations and indicate where points can be collected. Ten points are awarded per check-in. Breweries and businesses also have the option to offer bonus points, available for collection during events or special promotions.
Accumulated points can be redeemed for merchandise or discounts at participating rewards locations. The number of points required for a reward will vary by brewery and also depends on the reward being offered. For example:
- Cannery Brewing (Penticton Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for a branded Midland glass.
- Steel & Oak Brewing Co. (New West, Delta, Surrey & Richmond Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for 25 percent off any single merchandise item.
- Longwood Brewpub (Vancouver Island Ale Trail Part I): Redeem 300 points for a free branded hat.
- Vancouver Island Brewing (Victoria Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for a free branded glass growler when you purchase a fill.
- The Blackfish Liquor Store (Sunshine Coast Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for 10% off BC craft beer, cider, wine and spirits.
“At Cannery Brewing, we were excited to roll out the BC Ale Trail app along with our colleagues on the Penticton Ale Trail. We have had really good feedback from both regular and new customers who are excited to be collecting points and redeeming them. We have had good redemption on points at Cannery Brewing, and customers are excited to be collecting our Cannery Brewing branded glasses!” -Kim Lawton, Marketing Director at Cannery Brewing